Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Worlds cheapest sit-down meal

On the way back from Fuzi Miao the other day, I stopped for a delicious and cheap meal of jaozi, which are essentially small meaty dumplings. It cost 1RMB, ar about 0.07 GBP. The guy cooked seven for me and served them. Boiling hot meaty goodness is fantastic after a hard afternoon's browsing at the market. For table service on hot food cooked to order, it doesn't get much better!



The bottles you can see, from left to right, are:

  1. Soy sauce - mandatory with this food! It's good!
  2. La 辣 - a chili sauce that's very popular in Nanjing and most cities in north China - only to be used in moderation until you get used to it, I reckon
  3. My wheat drink. It's like a tea drink, only wheaty. Tastes refreshing, and a bit like wholemeal bread.


Yes, I had a haircut shortly after this photo was taken.